Pages

Monday 9 November 2020

First Aid!

 Today in Room 1 Paula came in from St John and taught us what to do when someone is not concious.

First you need to check for any danger for 5 seconds, once you have done that you tap their collorbone with the back of your hand and if they don't respond you send for help. So you call 111, Next you check their airway and lift their head up so their tongue doesnt block it. After you've done that you check their breathing so you out your ear by their mouth and face their stomach while your hand is resting on thier stomach you do this for 10 seconds, Look, Feel and Listen. if they are breathing you roll them to their side because if they vomit and they're on their back they will choke on it. If they aren't breathing you need to start C.P.R straight away. The faster you start the more chance they have of survivial, so first you put anyone of your hands right in the middle of their chest then you put the other one on top and link your hand together then you starts compressions. You do 30 compressions then 2 breaths and then you keep on doing that. If you have a Defib make sure to use it, it is very important, the defib will guve you instructions on how to use it. You do not stop doing compressions unless if you can physically not do it anymore, you get told by a medical professional to stop and if the person starts to breath again.


I hope you learnt something from my blog post and make sure to comment to help improve my work:)))



No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.